New rule: From now on when someone calls me or talks to me about another person/sister/friend I will not participate. I will say "Why don't you call her and let her know how you feel" I don't participate in gossip anymore, even if it's just listening to it". I say this because amongst my sisters there is a lot of gossip. The funny thing is that it is disguised as "concern". Since there is very little interaction between us, using concern for the other sister is just a ploy. It is to me anyway. I know what you're thinking, Okay, I will admit that it will be pretty tough to go cold turkey so I will just limit my gossiping to gossiping with my favorite gossip partner. I would miss the hard belly laughs way too much to stop completely.
Proverbs about Gossip
- Whoever gossips to you will gossip about you.
- Spanish proverb
- Gossip needs no carriage.
- Russian proverb
- Gossip is unbecoming an elder.
- Yorba proverb
- If we all held our tongues, there wouldn't be much left to talk about.
- English working class saying.