August 1, 2009

Ode to the Pound Cake


My sister Karen bakes the most scrumptious pound cake I have ever tasted. It's the kind of cake that long after you have eaten it you think of it. Reminisce about it. Dream of it. I have thought about it 3 times today. I ate the last of it this afternoon. I only had 2 slices. I don't understand why she only brought 2 slices to my house when I have 6 members of my family. She baked a whole cake and left it at her house. I have thought about reporting her to her personal trainer and boot camp instructor but that would be mean of me.

I have decided to blog about the pound cake. Pay tribute to it....~

Ode to the Pound Cake

It lies there, my heart aches
Yellow like the sun filtered through my blinds

Coy, shy not like just any cake

It's special~one of a kind

***
It has many admirers, it tempts
Tender crust so tan, so sweet

When I think of it I get ferklempt
It's one pound cake that can't be beat

***
One bite or two, three or four

One slice or two is not enough

After I've eaten it I want some more

I can learn to make it if I get off my duff
***
So the pound cake is gone
I have none to ponder
The sun will rise again, it is dawn

I will ask her to bake one for me, will she? I wonder~

***

I meant to take a photo of the cake in hopes to remind me of its decadent flavor. I did not. All I have now are memories.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I am so glad you enjoyed the pound cake. As promised, I will make you one. It warms my heart when people enjoy my cooking.

Thank you for the accolades.

Paula@One Mom's Corner of the World said...

You're making me hungry! I'm visiting from MBC, U signed up to be a new follower. Stop by my blog when you get the chance.

Post a Comment