April 24, 2009

Central control?!! Central control?!! We've lost contact.....

I've been thinking about this for a while now but just recently have been able to put this into words. I dreamed a dream of days gone by when my extended family and my immediate family were close and tightly connected by love and common traditions. I have spent my life so far being thinly connected to my extended family and wish that my children were able to have closer relationships with their cousins, aunties and uncles. My children have some aunties that they have not seen for several years, a least 7 or 8 years. I have stopped making excuses and have finally moved on in my mind to the point where I feel a weight lifted off of me and the guilt I must have felt about it is now gone. I know now that it is up to me to create and memorialize my children's events and experiences. If is for us, Tony and I, to be to stewards of this.

There is a great love in my family. My children love each other and enjoy spending time together. I watch them sometimes as if an outsider so I can soak it all in. Thank God Families are Forever and we can be together always in heaven.

0 comments:

Post a Comment